Saturday, June 26, 2021

CHAPTER 56 to 60

 

Chapter 56

 Saahil’s Diary

 8th January 2012

 

 

A bad start to a new year, Diaz. A bad start. On 29th December I had a long chat with Shraddha about our compatibility and this is how it all ended. This is our Gmail chat.

 

Me: Hello madam. Kem che?

 

Shraddha: Bas, majaa maa. You say. Wassup?

 

Me: m fine too. Thanks. So you had dinner?

 

Shraddha: Yes yes. I have my dinner by 9 max. After 9 if you eat, calories get stuck on your waist and that’s how you gain weight.

 

Me: ‘You’ as in? Me? Saahil?

 

Shraddha: Lol. No no. ‘You’ as in anyone.

 

Me: I was kidding, you didn’t have to explain. J

 

Shraddha: haha. Ok. Cool. You say. Wasssp?

 

Me: Nothing much. Just wanted to say that the last 2-3 meetings and N number of phone calls with you have given me a good feeling about our relationship and

 

Shraddha: AND?

 

Me: And I think it’s time for me to tell you a fact and see if you are ok with it. If you want, you can back away from this relation.


Shraddha: Bring it on! Saahil, you are the only guy out of 54 guys that I have met in the last 1 year that I have liked. I hope your shocker doesn’t involve you getting caught in office having ding dong with a kaam wali bai! Hahahah…

 

Me: lol. No no. I would never do that. In fact I can never do that.

 

Shraddha: As in?

 

Me: let alone kaam wali bai, I cannot have sex with anyone.

 

Shraddha: :-O  you gay?

 

Me: No. I meant that I am impotent. I won’t be able to satisfy you.

 

Shraddha: What??????? If this is some joke, I really don’t appreciate it. You are just 28. How can you be impotent at such a young age? I really fail to understand this.

 

Me: It’s a long story. I don’t want to bore you with that. The conclusion is that I won’t be able to keep you sexually happy.

 

Shraddha: Is it that you like some other girl and now that she has said YES to you, you want to get rid of me? If that is, pls tell me very frankly. If our relation doesn’t go forward, I will have to give a reason to my parents too, right? I cannot tell them that I have been hanging around with an impotent guy since last so many days.

 

Me: I used to like one girl. But she never cared for my feelings. You are the only one who can come closest to her.

 

Shraddha: Oh! So I was competing against some bitch who hurt your feelings! Why should I even care to be in competition with a stranger and that too for a guy who wouldn’t even be able to fuck me!


Me: Shraddha, you don’t know her. So please don’t say any shit about her.

 

Shraddha: See. See. There you go. You still love her, Saahil. For you, she is the absolute that every girl will have to compete with. You know what Saahil, go fuck yourself! Go fuck yourself! Ooops! Sorry! You can’t do that. Lol. Asshole!

 

Me: Sorry. I should have been clear about this from the very beginning. Sorry for wasting your time. Bye.

 

Me: You there? Sneha?

 

Shraddha: Mr. Asshole, you don’t even know who you are chatting with! I am Shraddha. Not Sneha. If you have even 1 gram of self respect, then pls don’t ping me ever. Ever. Ever. This ship has sailed. Jai Jinendra.

 

So Diaz, this is how it ended. I told her the truth and she rejected me like a guy in a Mercedes who shoos away a homeless urchin trying to sell a rose at a traffic signal.

 

Don’t know what to write more. Tired I am. Need to stop thinking about love. It’s not made for me.







Chapter 57

Sneha’s Diary

 23th January 2012

  

Surprisingly, life is not all that bad. I met 3 guys on the marriage front. 2 were ok. Good looking. Nice salary. They wish to settle in US. Have nuclear families. And are fair. The third guy was talking all the time about his childhood and how he and his friends would annoy all the residents in the society. Arey! Why on earth would I care what he did in his childhood? Idiot he was! The moment he was 10 minutes into his childhood tales, I had mentally crossed him off my list. I started looking at my watch and then walked away after giving some excuse and my share of money for lunch.

 

Things with Aryan seem to be going ok till now. We both are on whatsapp, so we keep chatting most of the time when we are not sleeping. He keeps sending me shayaris and funny cartoons to make me smile. I also try to reciprocate that by sending smileys and funny forwards. Vandu is happy to see things going in the right direction. But marriage is not a matter where one should be very desperate. One should take time to evaluate the options properly and then move forward. See, everyone will put their best face forward when it comes to arranged marriage. Aryan will show his good side and I will try to show how good and beautiful and intelligent I am. He won’t tell me frankly the number of affairs he has had or American chicks he has fucked and I wouldn’t clearly tell him how I wouldn’t like to live in


joint families and how I hate following traditions and being the poor cow in front of relatives expecting me to cook a gazillions chapattis for them!

 

This arranged marriage thing is like that cards game where you show one card at a time judiciously. I wish there was a way to find out if a guy is telling the truth. It would make a girl’s life so easy.

 

I am following Rahul’s blog of poems and he is so good at it. Too good. I have commented on his blog. Let’s see if he responds to it. After that Jenifer fiasco, he has become kind of a recluse. He doesn’t reply to my mails. But he surely does update his blog. I miss his cute dimples and that fair pimple-free face and those rosy lips! He looks like those handsome guys from Himachal Pradesh. Handsome and cultured men they are!






Chapter 58

 Rahul’s Diary

 24th January 2012

 

I have come back to Mumbai and have been to a few gay meet-ups and met a few counsellors to make sure that my life henceforth heads in a proper direction. There was this rave party for gays at a bungalow in Bandra. It was like a sea of options for me to choose from. I didn’t know I could have so many options to choose from! Hahaha!

 

I talked to a few guys and it was indeed a nice feeling to be around people whose wavelength matches yours. I could be ME amidst these people. They shared their stories of coming out and how they have now adjusted in their lives. It was a nice meet up.

 

Unfortunately there was some problem created by the local police who had a problem with our enjoyment. The residents in an adjacent building had complained, we were told.

 

There was this one guy with a hairy chest and thick moustache who reminded me of my horse riding sir. But he was already very busy with a guy. Maybe he had found his mate. If I had met him before that guy, I think the story could have moved in the right direction. Never mind. I will have to trust god to lead me down the right path.

 

Gonna meet Rajeev to see how he contributed to the NGOs and stuff and what I can do. Let’s see.






Chapter 59

 Saahil’s Diary

 26th January 2012

 

  

So now that the Shraddha ship has sailed, I am back to square one. Back to the no-girl-in-life zone! It’s funny how some people don’t get any love from the opposite sex and then there are some serial flirts who impress a girl, enjoy on their money, have awesome sex and then apne apne raaste! I find all this so unethical. I just hate this kind of zero-morals nature of people.

 

A couple of days back, I read in the newspaper, there was a rave party for gays in Bandra. The residents in a nearby building complained about it and then the police came and caught many men on men having a nice time. Even though I hate gays, I wish I were gay! At least I would have a good number of options to choose from and the posh rich gays would indeed be a treat to sleep with! Eeeeeew! What am I thinking! Sorry sorry God.

 

I am totally in opposition to same sex stuff. God didn’t make guys to sleep with guys. I know that as an educated guy, I should be saying, “hey, it is all ok man. They have their life and shit”. I would rather die than be gay and get married to a gay guy! The world can be in the 30th century I don’t care and I still wouldn’t be ok with same-sex stuff!

 

By the way, I participated in one more anthology competition and my story has been selected. Next to next week I will be getting the copy of


my first book! First book as in, my contribution to the first anthology. Holding that book will be an awesome feeling!

 

Hitesh is still in jail and will be there for a long long time. Now that my own life is messed up, I haven’t got much time to think about others’ lives.

 

Good night Diaz. True love is a myth. These movie heroes should be sued for making people so optimistic about true love. True love is bullshit. It doesn’t exist. Fuck true love!







Chapter 60

Sneha’s Diary

 3rd February 2012

 

 

Finally Rahul replied to my mails. He said he was busy with work in his home town and hence he couldn’t reply. He was in Delhi for a while. He quit his job because of monetary issues and fights with his boss. He said that he is planning to join an NGO so that he can spend time with people who need him rather than be a corporate slave. Nice thought that is. Clap clap clap, Rahul.

 

Vandana, Jiju and his whole family had to come down to Pune as Jiju’s eldest uncle had a heart attack. He passed away in his sleep. He was 70. Death in sleep is the best, I think. Anyway, so Vandu, Jiju, Aryan and their parents are going to halt at our place in Dombivli for a day or two before flying back to the States on 9th February.

 

I was aware of this sudden plan even before Vandu told me. Aryan had informed me. He also told me that this visit would be a good chance for us to meet and see if I can be an addition to their family.

 

I  have left my job and will get my experience certificate and full-n-final settlement amount in a month or two. I have also approached the teacher at that NGO that I used to be associated with when I was working for FuturePerfect. But she has now moved to an old age home in Sion. She has asked me to go to that old age home and see if can contribute there. Not sure whether I will go there. I already had a good rapport with kids at the NGO where I taught English. Now


trying to create rapport with old people would be difficult. Anyway, right now priority for me is exploring the Aryan angle. Does he deserve me? Let’s see.

 

I have now started watching all the American sitcoms and thrillers that my friends have been recommending to me since ages. I have downloaded this sitcom called “The Office”. I love it to the core! There is this character called Jim Halpert. He is so so so cute and handsome! Among boys, he is the best and among men, George Clooney is the GOD!

 

Catch ya later!

No comments: