Saturday, June 26, 2021

CHAPTER 36 to 40


Chapter 36

Snehal’s Diary

 19th October 2011

  

Hi Georgie. Sorry for not meeting up since last 2 weeks. I have been so busy in my own life that I couldn’t take out time to come and share with you. Sorry.

 

You remember last week I had shared about how Jenifer had gotten entangled in her own sexual escapades? It seems that she is in deeper crap than I thought. It seems that her ex-boyfriend, a Gujarati guy, had given her 5 teddy bears and those teddy bears had hidden cams in them! That guy had gifted those teddy bears to Jenifer when she had broken up with him after she came to know about his other girlfriends. So that boyfriend had asked her to at least keep those 5 bears as a token of his love for her. Stupid Jeni didn’t realise to what extent he could go! It turns out that he has a shop of home surveillance systems and is an expert in that. Police traced him to a lodge near the Gujarat-Maharashtra border and he is now in jail. That bastard should be hanged for such an act!

 

And I am glad that I haven’t heard from Saahil yet. Good that he has forgotten me.

 

I have sent an ice-breaker mail to Rahul. Let’s see if god has planned anything for me in that direction.

 

Last night my mom asked me if I was already in love with someone and if not then they would start looking out for a good groom for me.


Since nothing concrete is happening in my life, I said yes to her idea of finding the perfect guy for me. Parents, I think, are always right. Well, almost.

 

Vandana, Jiju, Aryan and their whole family had gone on an outing for 2-3 days. Loved the pictures she sent. Aryan is much more handsome than Jiju! If god is trying to give me something on a golden platter, I should at least taste it. What say? I am confused, Georgie!

 

Yesterday I watched the movie “Love Actually”. What a movie it is!

 

Ok then bbye! Cya later! Luvyaa!

 





Chapter 37

Rahul’s Diary

 19th October 2011

 

 

I went to a counsellor last week to have a discussion so that again I don’t hate myself for what I am and that I accept my orientation as it is. I had failed the last time when I had outed myself to my parents and because of their behaviour I had to wear the garb of a heterosexual. I tried for many years to stay away from my real self, but the orgy incident made me rethink the whole issue again. This time I will not back down.

 

Our society is so biased against people like me that it is difficult to come out of the closet and hence I wanted to be doubly sure that what I was planning to do was correct. The psychologist was properly trained in counselling LGBTQs and he gave me enough courage to face the world.

 

Tomorrow I am planning to share this with the office people. I hope they are sensitive to this action of mine. Otherwise it will be really difficult for me.

 

And that guy who had planted hidden cams in the eyes of the teddy bears at Jenifer’s apartment has been caught. He was holed in a shady lodge near the Gujarat-Maharashtra border. What footage he shot, how he did that, whether he has shared the content anywhere – these details we will come to know soon.


I had mailed that fat cute guy, Saahil, asking how his writing hobby was going and stuff. He has participated in an anthology. I hope he gets published soon. At least then I can proudly say ‘hey, you know what, I know that author!’

 

And also the girl from the bookstore, Sneha Kulkarni, mailed me. It was just an introductory hi-how-are-you-am-fine kinda mail. The way she was looking at me and smiling that day at the bookstore, I think she has a crush on me. Hahaha. Poor girl doesn’t know that I have now come to terms with my true self and she is not someone I would want to spend the rest of my life with. Anyway, I am thinking too much. Maybe she is just trying to catch up and see if I have become a writer of some sort!








'

Chapter 38

Saahil’s Diary

 25th October 2011

  

One crazy fortnight it was!

 

I had to go to Surat to meet one girl and then to Baroda to meet the other 2 girls. I have maternal uncles over there and they had suggested those girls. The first girl that we met – Jignasha – is a B.Com and she was so proud that she had done B.Com. I mean what the hell is so great about doing only B.Com? I don’t understand that! I am B.Com + M.Com + MBA. If one has so many degrees then it is ok if one shows some attitude.

 

Anyway, so, we went to her house at around 9:30 AM and then after some chit chat with the could-have-been-in-laws, it was time for Jignasha to come out and meet us. Oh man oh man oh man! She was so damn ugly! Oh god! Yes, I know that beauty lies in the eyes of the beholder and blah blah, but she was indeed very repulsive. Her face was covered with pimples and her head looked like a huge watermelon. She weighed at least 80 kg! 80 kg for a girl is not at all acceptable! Girls should be around 45-50 kg. Not more than that. My mouth was open out of amazement! Literally! I just couldn’t believe that my maternal uncle thought that I deserved such crap to spend the rest of my life with.

 

We talked for around 10 minutes. Mentally I had already checked her off my list. But a good human being that I am, I tried to continue the


discussion about school and hobbies and shit. And then I reached my limit. I told her parents that I was done asking whatever I wanted to and that we would let them know! They understood the meaning. “We will get back to you” – the classic response used for rejection!

 

After this fiasco, I was not at all interested in meeting the other 2 girls. But we had come so far from Mumbai so I thought it would be better to go and meet them.

 

I went. I met. I rejected. Khatam kahani!

 

Next to next month Abhishek sir is going to go to an old age home called Aangan Hamara in Sion. He is going there for the second time. He had been there some 11 months ago and had advised the old uncles and aunties to try writing stories and stuff. He will now reward the best story writer next week. I will go there and meet sir. It’s nice of him to go and talk to and motivate old people who have nothing to look forward to.

 

With Sneha not around, the office life is now boring. Anyways good night Diaz.





Chapter 39

 Sneha’s Diary

 29th October 2011

 

  

It’s been more than a fortnight now and still no mail from Saahil. Good! I am happy for him that he has forgotten me and now he must be evaluating options of his calibre. That is how it should be, right? One should know what one deserves.

 

One awesome thing happened last week. Rahul replied to my email saying he still remembers me and that he is now writing poems and short articles for practice and asked me if I was writing poems or blogs or something. My ice-breaker mail paid off! I will now exchange 2-3 emails and then create a situation where we decide to meet up. I will have to be careful in writing those 2-3 emails as I don’t want to come off as a desperate girl. Then he might lose respect for me and then he will not fall in love with me and then I will have to stay single for life! Nooooo!

 

My mother is nowadays busy on matrimony sites trying to find the perfect guy for me. Vandu had suggested Aryan’s name to them and he is the top contender in their list. But Aryan won’t get leave for another 3-4 months even if we decide to meet. Skype is always there if we wish to get to know each other. Till something of that sort materialises or comes to my parents’ minds, I want to see where this Rahul story goes.


Someday I want to write a book like the movie “The Holiday” starring Kate Winslet and Cameron Diaz and Jude Law. Jude Law is sooooooooo cute!

 

One horrifying thing that happened last week was that Sunita didi, the one who stays in the same building as mine, was shattered when she came to know that her husband was having an extramarital affair! That too with a GUY! Yes, Georgie, with a GUY! A married Marathi Brahmin guy having an extramarital affair with another guy is so unbelievable! Sunita didi is now totally broken. Their little Aditi doesn’t know what is going on. She is 3 years old. The watchman of our building caught her husband and that gay lover of his having sex on the terrace, where people rarely go. I wonder who will marry Sunita didi now. Her life is over.

 

Anyway, bye. Gn.








Chapter 40

 Rahul’s Diary

 4th November 2011

 

  

In the office I declared to everyone that I am gay. Yes. I first told the HR about it and then we talked to the CEO. He was shocked to find out about my orientation. My boss, of course, wasn’t surprised at all. I guess he was right when he told me one day that I was just running from the truth. I had hated him that day. But now I am ok. Now I can sympathise with how difficult it must be for him to keep this secret from his family. Although he hasn’t come out of the closet in the office like I have, everyone knows that he is gay. All the girls were shocked to find out that the guy they had been hitting on has turned out to be gay. But some boys kept giggling and I could see money exchanging hands. Later on I came to know that they had placed a bet and the only guy who thought I was gay won a handsome amount! He came up to me and congratulated me and thanked me. Asshole!

 

Girls came up to me and were touching my arms and shoulders, saying that no matter what happens, they will always stand by me. I guess girls are cooler with these kinds of revelations. I could hear the boys giggling the whole day.

 

I am glad that my firm has turned out to be somewhat gay-friendly. Not totally, though. But yes, somewhat. Now I am planning to disclose this on my Facebook profile too. I have some 150 friends in my list. It’s time they know that I am happy and gay.


Nikhil is ok now. Yesterday I told my parents that I have finally accepted the reality and that they have no other choice but to accept the truth too. It’s better for them to accept me for who I am rather than remember me at the ‘death anniversary’ of their elder son every year.

 

My father still hates me. I don’t care a fuck about him! But my mother started crying again. She thought that I had changed after coming to Mumbai. I feel really sorry for her. Like every other mother in India, she had thought of having a daughter-in-law whom she would boss around and have grandkids and make cute little sweaters and socks for the little ones. I have shattered her dreams. I feel very sorry. I can’t keep myself from crying thinking what she must be going through. Even right now while writing this, I am crying. But I can’t live an artificial life just because the society wants me to.

 

Enough for now. Bye. Gn.

No comments: