Saturday, June 26, 2021

CHAPTER 71 to 75

 

Chapter 71

 Sneha’s Diary

 14th March 2012

 

  

Hurrrrrrraaaaaay! This Tuesday turned out to be super duper duper awesome! Yes Georgie yes!

 

I boarded the 9.30 CST slow from Dombivli and reached the old age home at around 11.15.

 

Mr Sanjay Patil, popularly known as Bhau, came to the reception to greet me. Then he gave me a lot of information about the old age home, how it started, when, why etc.

 

Ok ok let’s chuck all that and let me tell you the most important thing as I cannot hold myself from sharing this with you. Rahul, yes Rahul, the handsome, double-dimpled guy is that full time creativity and fun teacher hired by the old age home! YES! I met him in the lunch room that they call Anna Dhaam. So there I was standing near the entrance deciding what to do and there he came from the kitchen with a plate full of chapattis. I couldn’t stop myself from smiling from ear to ear! I just couldn’t take my eyes off of him! There was this one old South Indian lady who looked at me and then at Rahul. Hahaha. I guess it was quite obvious that I was smitten by Rahul’s looks!

 

After Rahul was done serving chapattis, he stood aside to let others serve the remaining stuff like vegetables, papad, sweets, etc. I quietly went to Rahul and tapped him on his shoulder. He was shocked! And


happy of course! I mean, Georgie, who on earth wouldn’t be happy meeting the gorgeous Sneha, huh? J

 

So we got to talking for about 5 minutes and then he took a huge bucket of daal and went to serve. I stood there looking at him waiting for him to finish his social service so that we could continue talking again. After everyone was done with their lunch, it was time for the staff to have lunch. I was almost laughing when Bhau introduced me to Rahul. Rahul smilingly told Bhau that we were old good friends. He looked so so dashing when he said that. Rahul put 3 chapattis and some vegetables and salad in my plate and then filled my bowl with daal. He was being the perfect gentleman that every girl dreams of. Even when I am writing this, I can’t stop smiling! Hahaha. Oh god somebody stop me from smiling! I will go mad! J

 

After lunch, we went out for a stroll. He told me that he had left his job because he was not happy and then he went to Delhi and then came back to Mumbai to join this old age home for inner peace. He has been staying there for quite some time and is loving it, he says. He asked me if I wanted to stay, he would talk to the trustee. But my papa won’t allow it. Then he smoked a Gold Flake light. He offered me a puff or two, but after trying once, I couldn’t stop coughing and he patted my back till I was normal. It sounds so fucking filmy! Just like I used to see in serials and films! Oh my oh my oh my! He looked ultra cool when he was smoking! If it would have been someone else, then I wouldn’t have even accompanied him. But this was Rahul. The cute double-dimpled guy! Sau khoon maaf! J


So after that smoke we came back to the old age home and then till 4 we played cards with one or two grannies who were already mesmerised by Rahul’s hero-like charm. It was awesome fun to let myself lose in the company of 70 year olds who want to be kids again. Then at around 4, it was tea and snacks time. There was vada-pav and sabudana khichdi and tea and coffee for everyone. One grandpa came up to me and stared at my face at a close range. His right eye had a cataract. He shook his head in denial and took a seat to have his share of snacks. Bhau later on told me that every time he sees a new girl in the old age home, he checks whether it is Rhea, his granddaughter whom he loved to the core.

 

After spending some more time with Rahul and Bhau, I left for the day. While going back home, in the train I was thinking of how I could help Aangan Hamara and of course, how to impress my Rahul J

 

So, yeah, all in all, a great day. I have lots to look forward to everyday.

 

I have told Bhau that I will come on weekdays from 11 AM to 7 PM.

 

Weekends are for my family.

 

Yipeee! Gn dear Georgie. Pray to God that I share a lot with you in coming weeks, months, years! J






Chapter 72

 Rahul’s Diary

 14th March 2012

 

Sneha Kulkarni, that girl from the author talk session, that diary girl, is going to join us at Aangan Hamara! What a surprise it was! There I was standing by the kitchen after serving chapattis and someone taps my shoulder. It turns out to be Sneha! Haha. It turns out that even she has left her job to give back something to society.

 

After having lunch we went out for a smoke. She seems like a very good girl because when I gave her a puff or two, she couldn’t stop coughing! Poor girl! Very unlike her friend Jenifer! Sneha gave up her job after her company didn’t recognise her efforts. I have never understood the corporate mindset. Why on earth can’t they give their employees good increments when they are minting millions of dollars clinching new projects? Asshole management!

 

Anyway, so tomorrow I am going to have auditions for the romantic skit that is going to be performed on the 20th death anniversary of the trustee’s mother, Jayaben Maganlal Patel. I am already feeling like I am the Mithun Chakraborty (from Dance India Dance) of this old age home, finding the hidden talent in everyone! Hahaha!

 

And Vrajesh has edited that video that I shot of the Gay Pride Parade and uploaded it on Youtube. He said that the video has already garnered some 500 hits in the last 1 day. Good to hear that.

 

Gotta sleep now. Have to recharge my batteries to complete the skit too!






Chapter 73

Rahul’s Diary

 16th March 2012

 

  

Bloody bullshit!! The video that I shot and Vrajesh uploaded on Youtube, has become viral. Channels like NVTV, APB News and many more have shared the video on Twitter and it has gotten close to a fucking 5 lakh views now! Unbelievable! I had never thought that such a casually shot video could garner so many views. I guess it was the sentiment behind the video that mattered more than the finesse or skill required to make a professional video. Some 800 people have commented. Most of them have supported our Gay Pride Parade. But there are these fundamentalists who say that we gays were born because of some medical problem and some morons say we have psychological problems!

 

Vrajesh has openly challenged the fundamentalists – mostly Hindus and Muslims – to come for a debate on a national channel. I saw the video and in the credits it has my name and Vrajesh’s name. It feels good to be a part of something so huge. There was one comment which said: “Tere ghar pe aake chod dunga saale Homo log. Madar**** chakke saale”. Vrajesh was insisting on deleting the comment, but I chose to keep it as it is. It is a constant reminder that God steadily produces fucking dickhead morons on this planet! I wonder what the use of education is if one cannot accept the rights of fellow human beings as equally important as theirs. I replied to that


comment, “National TV pe debate kar na BC. Stop commenting on Youtube like idiots. Aur ye le address- flat 805, lotus bldg, Amber valley complex, Mayurvihar, Delhi. Aa ghar pe MC! Dum hai to ukhaad le jo ukhaad na hai!”

 

By the way, I have am done with some 80% of the script for the romantic comedy. We had auditions yesterday. Some 5 grannies auditioned for the role of Chandramukhi and 4 grandpas came for the role of Mr Chaturvedi. It’s a love story set in a middle class locality in Delhi. Since I have spent most of my life in Delhi, it was kind of easy for me to figure out what to write. Needless to say, Kavitha Amma, the most enthusiastic old lady in the old age home, bagged the role of Chandramukhi. A South Indian playing the role of a Delhiite Chandramukhi is going to be hilarious! Hahaha… Hindi-Punjabi dialogues in South Indian accent! LOL!

 

Sneha helped me a lot in these auditions. She is like my assistant director! And more importantly, she doesn’t have to be told everything. I just give her a broad idea of what I want from her and she knows how to and what to do. Smart girl! If were straight, then no doubt I would have married her! She already looks very smitten by me! hahaha…

 

After the skit is presented successfully, I will have to take her to a nearby CCD to thank her for her help. Itna to karna padega assistant ke liye!







Chapter 74

 Saahil’s Diary

 18th March 2012

 

  

Dear Diaz, yesterday I had gone to that old age home and what a surprise to find Rahul there. He said that he works there full time. In fact when I had been to “Aangan Hamara” a couple of weeks back, he had been out for some work, otherwise I would have met him that day itself. He is the creativity and fun teacher, as Bhau likes to call him. Everyone in the old age home likes him. He is like everyone’s blue eyed boy. I talked to a few old people out there and they call him “Hamara Rahul”. Sahi hai!

 

When I went to meet Bhau to figure out how I could contribute, Bhau told me that some girl has also recently joined them for social work. She comes on weekdays and so I could help on weekends. Good for me as I won’t get leave from office for this social work. Bank wale bolenge jaao ghar pe baitho! Haha…

 

I helped Rahul in getting the lead characters of the skit ready for the performance on 22nd March. It is the 20th death anniversary of the trustee’s mother. This is indeed a good initiative to keep the oldies alive and kicking. It’s indeed very important to keep a lively atmosphere in the campus. Looks like Rahul is doing a great job.

 

In the evening we went out to a nearby hotel Gurukrupa, famous for

 

Chole Samosa. There we had awesome Samosa-Chole and then Dahi

 

Wada. But one very strange thing happened. While I was enjoying the

 


chutney, some of it got stuck near the right corner of my mouth and then Rahul reached towards my face and wiped it with his bare hands. Why not use a fucking tissue? Or at least tell me that boss, chutney laga hai, saaf kar. Isn’t it strange for a guy to do something like that? I will have to be careful. Such handsome boys normally turn out to be homosexuals, and not to forget that he was involved in an orgy at his ex-girlfriend’s flat. So he might be one. I have got to be careful. Gotta keep some safe distance.







Chapter 75

Rahul’s Diary

 19th March 2012

  

 

Guess what, now Saahil has joined this old age home! Is it destiny or what? Haha. I meet a few strangers at an author talk session a few months ago and then at a police station and now I again meet them at a totally unexpected place! An old age home! He is working in a bank so he will be coming here on weekends. So I have good company throughout the week. Sneha on weekdays and the charming and funny Saahil on weekends.

 

Saahil has this charm that attracted a lot of people at the old age home. It seems he had already visited this place a few days ago when Abhishek sir had come for a motivation seminar. His constant funny jokes and PJs make him a very pleasant guy to hang out with. He also does good mimicry. He does good mimicry of Amitabh Bachchan, Shahrukh Khan, Irfan Khan and many more. He is a shy guy but did a little impromptu dance stuff with the grannies out here. It was awesome fun actually. For everyone, including me. If he were gay, I would surely prefer someone like Saahil to be with me for life. I mean who wouldn’t want a kind hearted, fun-loving, nice guy for your whole life?

 

He has this little weird habit of covering his face with his hands when he is laughing crazy. Looks a bit gay to me. Keeping fingers crossed!


And the practice sessions for the skit are going well. The skit is 15 minutes long. The humour has kind of come out well. The rehearsals do make the staff workers laugh. In fact our cook is also one of the characters in the skit.

 

So yes, everything is going well till now. Vrajesh has been called by NVTV for a 1 hour episode called “What Youn’gay’stan wants” on the current sentiment of the Indian junta on LGBTQs. He is going to be a part of a panel that consists of a priest, a maulana and a pandit. I guess ‘Youngaystan’ needs to stand up for its rights or else we will be like an oppressed section in our own motherland.

No comments: