Saturday, June 26, 2021

CHAPTER 81 to 85

 


Chapter 81

 Saahil’s Diary

 30th March 2012

 

 

Dear Diaz, Shahrukh Khan’s dialogue is so so so true! Last Saturday, at the old age home, I met Sneha! Yes! Sneha! She is the girl who is working at the old age home on weekdays. But since Rahul was out for some work, she filled in for him on Saturday.

 

It was so very filmy when I met her. I reached at around 11.45. It was lunch time then. I was standing there by the door of the lunch room and saw a beautiful girl in a green coloured dress, trying to keep her hair in place and smiling at the old people and urging them to have some more food. She reminded me of the actress Asin from the movie Ghajini. I was in my dream world where I could imagine her requesting guests at our home to have extra Ghee on Khichdi and then serving them sweet dish with love and all. You wouldn’t believe me if I told you that there were some grannies who were literally placing their hands on her head giving her blessings when she served them food. It was a really filmy scene. 100% Asin she was looking like. By god!

 

After she was done serving the food and all, I went to talk to one grandpa. I went stealthily so as to avoid being seen and then I tapped on her shoulder. She looked back and almost shrieked. This caught the attention of everyone in the lunch room. I was so embarrassed because I kept smiling happily at her and there she was in a state of disbelief with no smile on her face. I kept smiling for a few more seconds to


change her mood, but she didn’t reciprocate. Then to avoid further embarrassment, I introduced myself to her and reminded her that we had worked together before. She looked around and agreed.

 

We then had lunch and then she wanted to work on some blueprint of a sports fest that Rahul had planned. So I tried to help her as much as I could. I tried to steer our conversation towards love. But she kept avoiding me. I asked her if she read my story “The Park Bench”. She just said yes. No “good one” or “loved it”, etc.

 

Just fucking bland one or two word replies. But I am not going to give up so easily. If there was no future to our relation, why did God make us meet here? There is always a reason to why everything happens. Right Diaz?

 

While Sneha was on a phone call for an hour or so, I went and talked to the grannies and grandpas. They love me a lot. I remind them of their son or grandson or an obedient kid of a neighbour. Whatever makes them happy. There is this one South Indian granny, fondly called Kavitha Amma; she is very fond of me. I went on a stroll with her for some 15-20 minutes and as usual I cracked so many jokes in those 15-20 minutes that she was laughing like hell and called me ‘the funniest and cutest guy ever’! I wish Sneha had said this! Kavitha Amma told me the girl who marries me will be a very lucky girl. Jokingly I told Amma to say those words to Sneha! J There was a confused look on her face. I had expected her to smile.






Chapter 82

 Sneha’s Diary

 30th March 2012

 

 

I will never ever ever go to that old age home on a weekend again! Because that is when that infatuated fatso comes for his social service. Yes Georgie, Saahil was there at the old age home this weekend. I wonder from where he came to know that I now spend time there!

 

So, this is what happened on the unfortunate Saturday, the black Saturday as I call it! I was filling in for Rahul. It turns out that Saahil contributes to Aangan Hamara on weekends. I had no clue about that! At least Rahul should have told me na! Idiot! He must be playing cupid trying to help Saahil find his love! Class lungi uski to!

 

The whole day Saahil kept following me around the campus. Oh god! I was so frustrated that at one point I was literally going to shout at him, but there was this grandpa waiting for his relatives to meet him. I didn’t want to create a negative atmosphere for him. I asked a friend to call me and then I was on the phone for around an hour. Saahil was talking to Kavitha Amma during that time and then after coming back, I left for home in a few minutes. Saahil said that he would accompany me till Sion station. But I refused.

 

Uff! What a bad day it was! Ganesha, nako re asa kar maajhyaa sobat!

 

And my mom read the book that Saahil had sent. She read the message and the love letter too. She loved the story that Saahil had written. She


was asking me if I love him! Yucks! I would rather kill myself that love and marry that loser!

 

Anyway Georgie, gotta rest now. Viral fever is not letting me get out of bed.

 

Will keep you posted!

 




Chapter 83

Rahul’s Diary

 7th April 2012

 

  

Day by day the situation is getting worse for me. The Hindu fundamentalists have teamed up with the Muslim ones and are now manning my favourite chai-tapri outside Aangan Hamara. They have figured out where I go for a smoke in the afternoon and where I go with Saahil for snacks and with Sneha for coffee.

 

Seeing so many hooligans together, the macho man within me is weakening day by day. It’s like I have given up mentally and now they can control me however they want to. What if they ever implement their threat and harm me physically? They attacked Vrajesh’s car yesterday with stones and broke the window glass with hockey sticks. It was Vrajesh’s good luck that he started honking continuously and that’s why the bastards ran away. And also luckily there was no one in the car with him. They have emotionally tormented his family members and mine too. My family has been provided with a policeman who mans our building at all times. My mother wants me to come back to Delhi. But father as usual, is firm that he doesn’t want to be associated with a gay son like me. I don’t find any difference between those fundamentalists and my dad. In fact I am more afraid that my dad might hit my mom and my brother in a fit of rage.


I am trying not to think much about all this stuff as whatever has to happen will happen. The only thing I can do is enjoy my current life. But it is difficult somehow.

 

Talking about enjoyment, Saahil now knows that Sneha works here. So he must be quite pepped up to come to the old age home more! Hahaha. But Sneha isn’t aware that my eyes are on Saahil. I have started developing feelings for Saahil. I know that he might totally reject my advances, but still I do want to tell him the truth that I am gay and that I like his company and that I feel happy with his positive aura and hands-over-face-laughing! As I said earlier, if he were gay, then no force on this planet can stop him from being mine. This Saturday I will take him for a movie in a nearby theatre.

 

I’ve much confidence in Sneha’s ability, and have entrusted the full responsibility of the sports fest on her and have told her to make teams and decide the games and stuff. She was down with fever for a couple of days. She joined back yesterday only. I asked her if she would come here on Saturday. She looked at me with that I-will-kill-you-Rahul look! Hahaha. She hates the charming Saahil so much! Good! One man’s poison is another man’s cure! Saahil is my cure! J





Chapter 84

 Sneha’s Diary

 9th April 2012

 

 

I joined the old age home after recovering from the viral fever. Rahul was out for some work till 2.00 and hence I spent the whole day with the grannies and grandpas. My most favourite amongst all is Kavitha Amma. If ever I get a chance to adopt her, then I would be extremely happy to do so. I so damn hope to marry a guy who would be good at heart and who is okay with me bringing Kavitha Amma home along with me J

 

Amma shared with me the story of her life – How she used to be a small cute dancer at weddings where her dad used to play drums, how she used to play with her favourite dog, Moti, how she got married to a cousin of hers at a very young age and then when she needed the support of her own children at her ripe age, those bastards disowned her and that is how she landed at Aangan Hamara. Tears filled my eyes. I promised her that if ever I get married, my first condition will be that the guy should accept Kavitha Amma as a family member too. I know it would be difficult, but to hell with a guy who doesn’t accept my demands. The best thing would be if Rahul agrees to marry me then we can adopt Kavitha Amma and then we all 3 can stay happy for eternity. Rahul also loves Amma and Amma is loved by everyone at the old age home. And anyway, everyone here feels that Rahul and I are soul mates! And precisely that is why I have written a love letter for


Rahul. I have given it to Amma to give it to him. Keeping fingers crossed! J

 

My father also read Saahil’s story and is now seriously asking me whether I am in love with him and want to get married to him! Uffo ye parents bhi na! I requested my parents to ignore the cheap fatso. Father was asking if he should deal with him his way. But I said no need to be so strict, just ignore.

 




Chapter 85

Rahul’s Diary

 13th April 2012

  

Dear Diary, the streak of bad news continues. Vrajesh met with an accident on 8th April. He was travelling in his car on the eastern express highway when a truck hit his car from behind. His car turned turtle twice before hitting a tree near the edge of the road. Luckily he survived. I immediately went to meet him at the hospital. He is lucky to have nice parents who stand by him at all times. His parents were ultra cool when he came out of the closet. I wish mine were as cool.

 

On Saturday, Saahil came to the old age home at around 1.00. He is involved with some finance related work. His accounting knowledge is being put to use at the ashram. He finished his work by 3.30 and then we sat with Kavitha Amma to listen to the amazing stories from her past. Amma has faced lots of troubles in life, but came out a strong woman every time. Amma’s father was a drummer who used to play at weddings and Kavitha Amma used to accompany him and dance and collect the money that the clients used to throw in the midst of the joyous moments. She shared many more incidents. Poori book ban jayegi uspe!

 

Then I took Saahil to a nearby theatre to watch an Akshay Kumar movie. But it was houseful and hence we decided to have cutting and sutta at my regular chai-tapri. Sheikh Chacha at the tapri handed me a note that those narrow minded shitheads had asked him to give me. It


read, “Your homo friend is lucky to have survived. You won’t be that lucky. Save your ass you American chakke!”

 

Seeing my face turn pale, Saahil wanted to read the note, but I didn’t let him. Immediately I arranged a taxi for him and came back to the campus. While seeing him off, I kind of kissed Saahil on his right cheek. I didn’t intend that to happen. But I guess my inner emotions overpowered my macho sense of just hugging like bros! We both were embarrassed. My fault.

 

And, Kavita Amma gave me this love letter written by Sneha:

 

Dear Rahul,

 

It’s been a long time since we have known each other. We met for the first time at Abhishek sir’s author talk on 5th June 2011. I still remember the date as it was a special date for me because I saw you for the first time there. I still can’t forget the way you broke the ice and asked me my name in a very filmy manner. Very George Clooney types! George Clooney is my most favourite actor and that’s why I have named my diary Georgie! Ooops! I never wanted to share this with anyone, but you are the kind of person with whom I want to share such stupid little things. I like sharing such things with you Rahul. That first meet was kind of ruined by the presence of Saahil, the biggest idiot I have ever met. I so damn wanted you to keep continuing our conversation but the gentleman that you are, you chose to pay the bill, collect your diary and leave. Any Tom, Dick and Harry would have found more excuses to talk to me. But you belong to a different class altogether. You are one dashing hunk that every girl wants to sleep with! At least I do! Hahaha! I feel so slutty right now to have said that! I had always thought that the guy I would want to sleep with would be the one with whom I would spend the rest of my life with. So there I said it Rahul! I want to spend the rest of my life with you.


I don’t care about your past at all. I know you were involved with Jenifer for some time. But I am ok with that as I know that the human body has sexual needs and Jenifer could provide that to you and hence you had sex with her. I am ok with anything you say. It’s not only your looks that I am in love with, it is your whole personality, your nature, your eyes, your behaviour! I love everything about you! You are no less handsome than Matthew Staton from “White Collar” thriller drama. But in real life he is GAY! I just hope you aren’t! hahaha…

 

I am even ready to go against my family if they don’t approve of our relation. So what if you are a north Indian and I am a maharashtrian! I am not a kid anymore, Rahul.

 

And I have a long term plan ready. Since you and I already love Kavitha Amma so much, we can adopt her from the old age home if we ever plan to move out of Mumbai. Then we 3 and our cute handsome beautiful kids will live happily ever after. I have already thought of the names of our kids. Our son will be named Rehaan and daughter will be named Aditi. Cute na? J We will have a nice flower bed in our balcony and our kids will play with Kavita Amma all the time.

 

Anyway, love you till eternity.

 

Yours truly,

            Sneha

 

 

 

High time I reveal the truth to Sneha and Saahil. I need to tell Sneha that her dreams will never come true and I need to tell Saahil that I kind of love him and if he is gay, then we could find out some way to face society and take things further. The only thing that I am afraid of

 


is these narrow minded fundamentalists harming my loved ones, including Sneha and Saahil.

 

Tomorrow I will hand over the handy cam to Sneha and let her watch the video that I shot at the Gay Pride Parade. She will understand the truth herself. I will also write a letter to her that I can give her while she leaves. I am sure that she will be shocked and would want to leave the old age home as soon as she can to avoid being hurt and embarrassed.

 

I will also disclose my feelings to Saahil. Anyway he might have gotten an inkling that I am not straight. Chances are good that he might at least hear me out and then decide. After all there has to be a difference between educated and uneducated people, right?

No comments: